Job # 35.22
Job Title: Employment Counsellor
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Program: PIVOT Program
Term: Permanent, Full-time (in-office)
Salary Range: $54, 018- 55,924
Who is CCRW:
Creative. Innovative. Inclusive. Our team of motivated professionals are paving the way to a fully inclusive nation because we believe that disability should never stand in the way of ambition.
We drive solutions-focused approaches from coast to coast, delivering hands-on programming in local communities and fostering inclusive business partnerships. As leaders influencing policy change from across Canada to the U.N., CCRW employees enjoy diversity and flexibility in their roles. Our welcoming culture recognizes the passion and optimism of our teams, and we know that a healthy work-life balance is key to personal and professional growth.
Join us as we continue to deliver service excellence across Canada.
The Employment Counsellor is responsible for supporting an active client caseload of job seekers with disabilities in seeking and retaining employment. The Employment Counselor provides client driven outcome-based support to clients in the development and achievement of an individualized Employment and Skills Profile.
The Employment Counselor is a dynamic self-motivated individual able to support job seekers with disabilities from a variety of professional backgrounds. You are experienced in employment counselling and return to work services. The Employment Counselor seeks leadership opportunities to ensure successful service delivery and the achievement of CCRW goals and outcomes.
Client Case Management
- Case manages clients with disabilities in a detailed, organized, technologically based environment, ensuring privacy, accountability and respect are upheld:
- Case management includes managing an intake application process, identifying assessments and/or workplace accommodations, developing individualized Employment and Skills profiles, and facilitating pre-employment support including resume development, career coaching, networking, and job search support
- Uses tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to support clients in addressing challenges to the achievement and maintenance of meaningful and suitable work
- Develops and delivers appropriate workshops for groups of clients
- Develops accommodation plans with clients based on job search and transition to work plans
- Follow up with clients and employers to facilitate employment retention and troubleshoot accommodations, in coordination with the Job Developer, after employment has been secured
General Service Delivery
- Job Development and Employer Support
- Markets job seekers to employers and facilitate their hiring by ensuring adequate support and resources
- Community Outreach and Marketing
- Administration and organization of required documentation and processes
Requirements to be considered for this job:
- Proven experience with return to work and/or employment focused case management services for job seekers with disabilities
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in employment counselling, or career counselling, or combination or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Demonstrated knowledge in workplace accommodation and job search support
- Familiar with working with a wide variety of job seekers from a cross-disability perspective
- Experienced with motivational interviewing techniques
- All CCRW staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire in accordance with CCRW’s Vaccination Policy
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) is required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume in one document, clearly indicating how they qualify for the role, to: Careers@ccrw.org.
Please quote Job #35.22.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCRW embraces and celebrates our country’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. CCRW is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse stakeholders, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.