Company’s/Business Name: D’oro Gelato e Caffè Ltd.
Position: Specialist Chef (Italian Pastry Specialist)
Language: Sufficient English (written and spoken)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High school diploma and Pastry and or Backing Certification or equivalent qualification
Positions Available: 2
Position Type: Permanent Full time with ability to work some weekends and evenings
NOC Group: (6321)
NOC Job Title: Specialist Chef
Salary: $21.00/Hourly or annual equivalent
Job Location: 1222 Robson Street V6C 1C1 – 1094 Denman Street V6G 2M8, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
D’oro Gelato e Caffè is reflective of a traditional Italian Caffetteria, Gelateria e Bar with two down town Vancouver locations one in the beautiful high end shopping district of Robson Street and one on the beach side district “West End”. For almost two decades, this Italian Artisan Gelatteria Caffe Bar has been producing traditional Italian sweet and savory items including gelato, sorbetto, frozen and semi frozen desserts, pastries and cakes, panini, biscotti and more.
The Pastry Chef will be responsible for the creation and production of Italian products from savory to sweet baked frozen or semi frozen and from pastries, to cakes, biscotti and desserts.
You are interested and willing to assist in all facets of crafting high quality pastries, Cakes and Italian Desserts. You are well organized, efficient, clean, responsible, and hard working with an eye for maximizing ingredients and products. You have the ability to juggle many tasks and produce large quantities of product during peak seasonal periods. You possess the ability to work in an easy going but results oriented team environment with focus and dedication.
Cleanliness and hygiene are of the highest priority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create and maintain organized electronic recipes
· Develop and maintain specialty Italian recipes
· Knowledgeable to adjust recipes as required to achieve specific results
· Ability to develop and create new savory and sweet items in an efficient and organized manner.
· Ability to test products, request staff and management feedback to ensure the products created are the very best possible and while using only the best quality ingredients and with the most cost-effective means.
· Control and limit waste.
· Manage product and ensure best quality and exposure expiry etc.
· Ability to lift at least 50-lbs, stand and work for long hours and perform other physically demanding tasks daily without getting tired.
· Manage and order baking and pastry related inventories of ingredients and finished goods.
· Estimate and manage pastry and baking related product costs and waste.
· Maintain in good working order all equipment and arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs.
· Ensure proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures are upheld.
· Capable of following and or creating recipes accurately and memorizing volumetric measurements.
· Must be familiar with MS Office 365 including Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Follow directives.
· Communicate effectively and directly with food service supervisors and colleagues.
· Ensure compliance with all Food Safety Standards.
· Management of all ordering and acceptance of daily deliveries and ability to keep things within set cost margins with suppliers.
· Maintain organization of laboratory and work areas, including organization and cleanliness of fridges, freezers equipment and work and storage areas.
· Must follow processes and procedures including inventory levels management and controls.
· Conduct daily quality checks of products and provide solutions.
· Minimum 2 years of prior direct relevant experience is a must.
· A genuine passion and knowledge of baking and pastry making is essential and any specific Italian and French pastry knowledge and experience might be an asset..
· Punctual, detailed, dependable and hard-working traits are essential.
· Team player that gets along with colleagues and staff. Your personality is an asset.
· Must be meticulously clean and aware of all food safety standards.
· Computer savvy and competent with Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
· Easy going and results oriented.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to PLB@dorogc.com