Company: Island Farmhouse Poultry
Business Information: Tucked away on British Columbia’s Vancouver Island in the Cowichan Valley Island Farmhouse Poultry is dedicated to providing the highest quality chicken. We are a fourth-generation family run poultry processor
Business Address: 2325 Bradner Rd., Abbotsford, BC V4X 1E2
Work Location: 1615 Koksilah Rd., Cowichan Bay, BC V0R 1N1
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions: 7 Production Labourer
• Standing on a line and inspecting the birds to ensure they meet quality standards
• Working on the manual chicken line and manually eviscerating the birds through various line processes
• Harvesting trimming parts of the chickens
• Rehanging chickens from one line to another. Kill to Evis line, chiller to cut line etc.
• Transport raw materials finished products and packaging materials throughout plants and warehouses manually or using power equipment.
• Using a knife and manually deboning chicken
• Cuts the poultry into primal cuts for further processing or packaging.
• Feed and unload food products processing machines
• Use the scale for weighing large totes of chicken
• Other duties as assigned
Experience: On-the-job training will be provided. Previous experience working in a food-processing environment is considered an asset, but it is not required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
• Ability to work in a refrigerated environment, fast paced environment, work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Manual dexterity for trimming poultry.
• Must be able to stand 100% of the workday at a moving conveyor line.
• Perform repetitive movements
• Physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 60 lbs (27kg).
• Basic English is considered an asset.
Personal Suitability: Accurate, Flexibility, Reliability
Salary: $17.05 – $17.80 at 35 – 40 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Pension plan, Extended medical insurance, Prescription drugs, Medical equipment, Afternoon Premium, Cutting Premium, Employee Milestones, Employee Gift Cards and Discounted Chicken.