Company operating name: Pigeon Lake Poultry Processing
Business address: RR1 Box 2 Site #7, Westerose, AB T0C 2V0
Location of work: RR1 Box 2 Site #7, Westerose, AB
Title of position: Industrial Poultry Butcher
Positions available: 2
– Unload live poultry and perform preliminary screening and washing to ensure the best quality of finished products
– Hang and slaughter live poultry on automated machinery
– Remove inedible portions from carcasses, including feathers, and wash and prepare poultry for further packaging and processing
– Use a variety of tools for meat processing, including automated machinery for processing as well as hand-tools like knives
– Inspect finished product for quality and ensure they meet company standards
– Use a variety of cleaning materials and pressure washer to keep workstations clean and sanitary according to company standards
Terms of employment: Full-time or part-time; Permanent positions; Between 32 and 40 hours per week for full-time employees, whereas part-time workers will have varying hours; Day shifts starting at 7am, with work done year-round (non-seasonal)
Wage: $22.50-25.00/hour, based on experience and training.
How to apply:
Telephone: 403-704-9890 (between 10am and 3pm)
Education required: Completion of high school is required.
Work Experience Required: Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience with butchering animals, meat processing/cutting, or other similar positions is required for this position.
Language requirement: Writing, reading, and speaking English is required.
Note: We encourage applications from under-represented groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, people that identify as disabled, and new immigrants to Canada.